Activities for Families with Infants and Toddlers
December - Handprint Christmas Tree Craft
What you'll need:
- Green, brown, and yellow construction paper
- Glue stick
- Decorations: paint, stickers, glitter glue
How to make your Handprint Christmas Tree
- Trace your child's handprint. Cut this out and use it as a template to create 9 more handprint cut-outs. If you are working with small children this sort of thing should be done ahead of time so you don't lose their interest.
- Glue the handprints so that they slightly overlap. You want 4 handprints on the bottom row, then 3 on the next, then 2, then just one on the top. Position the handprints so that the tree gets smaller as it gets taller - like a real tree does.
- Add a star to the top and a brown trunk to the bottom.
Have your child decorate the tree however they would like.